Happy New Year Everyone! 2014 had its bumps, but all around it was a great year. Here are some of my highlights from 2014 in no particular order:
- I published my first book.
- I declared a college major.
- I did my first book signing at Bull Moose Music.
- I did my first book event at the Ribbons for Cancer Author Event in Maine and met some really cool authors and bloggers.
- I applied for graduation.
- People actually read my book, and some really liked it.
- I celebrated my first wedding anniversary with my husband.
- I realized that even though I’m lacking in friends that I get to hang out with in person, I met some amazing people online because of blogging before 2014 and continued to have them as friends through the year. We became friends in a nontraditional way, but as we have talked, shared interests, and been there for each other, these online friends have turned into some of my best friends. Michele and Mickey, thank you for continuing to be such amazing friends through 2014 and I’m super excited to continue our friendship in 2015. I also made a new friend because of blogging in 2014, Tiffany, who has made me laugh so hard it hurts on more than one occasion. Thank you for coming into my life this year. You three girls make life more interesting, are all very thoughtful, caring, and all around amazing and I love having you all in my life. Thank you for making 2014 fantastic. I hope 2015 will be the year I can meet you all in person, but if not, I know it will happen eventually.
- My husband supporting me, taking care of me, making me see things clearly, and being my best friend. Thank you for taking on 2014 with me, and conquering it by my side. I’m so grateful for you and love waking up next to you each morning. I love you to infinity and beyond.
- My husband and I got our first Christmas tree together and decorated it.
- My husband and I starting our own family traditions together.
- All of the new little memories I made.
- Reading new books.
- Taking some negative things in life and creating poetry out of it.
- Adopting my new dog Harley.
- Reviews for Rain.
- receiving messages about my book meaning a lot to the sender.
- Tiffany and Amanda surprising me by making teaser pictures for my book after reading it.
And the list goes on and on :).
I’m entering the New Year missing my grandfather, who passed away in the end of 2014, but I have a lot to look forward to.
- Graduating with a BA in Communications.
- My nephew being born and meeting him.
- Hopefully publishing another book.
- Possibly doing a writing retreat with Mickey, Tiffany, and Stefanie.
- Writing Before the Rain.
- Writing more of my millions of other ideas.
- Spending time with my husband.
- Starting a new career.
And whatever else 2015 brings! I can’t wait to see what the year brings. I hope 2014 was amazing for you, if not, 2015 is a blank slate, so make 2015 spectacular either way. Take time to appreciate the little things, be kind, thoughtful, positive, and pay it forward.
Thank you everyone who had an impact on my year for 2014! I look forward to the memories we will all make this year!