Or excursions in no-bake(ing)? This recipe doesn’t actually require baking so I’m not sure if this counts as an excursion in baking, but regardless it is a yummy desert!
The ingredients below are of the standard measurements, but I doubled the recipe. The original recipe calls for gram cracker crumbs which I also made, but I decided to try Oreos instead and it was a hit! In this case I used the limited edition Peanut Butter Oreos, but the first time I made it I used both and it would come out just as good with just regular Oreos.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups Oreo crumbs
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- Use an electric chopper or a food processor to turn Oreos into Oreo crumbs. I currently have a small chopper which I’m in love with, much more effective than plastic bags and meat hammers… I now want too get a larger food processor to make it even easier!
- Put the Oreo crumbs, confectioners’ sugar, and 1 cup peanut butter in a medium bowl.
- Mix together until well blended.
- Press evenly into the bottom of an ungreased pan. With the standard recipe I like thicker bars so I use a square 7 x 7 inch pan. when I doubled the recipe I used a larger pan that was around 12 x 8 inches.
- Melt the chocolate and 4 tablespoons of peanut butter together. I miserably fail at the stove method for doing this, so I used the microwave. I feel like you are less likely to ruin the chocolate this way. I microwaved in thirty second increments and stirred the chocolate and peanut butter together until it was fully melted and combined.
- Spread the chocolate mixture over the prepared crust.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- ENJOY! (Please ignore awful cutting. I forgot to take a picture before I brought it to work to serve and was stuck using a steak knife to cut it instead of a proper knife.)