A couple of weeks ago my husband asked me to make peanut butter cookies, so I looked up a new recipe and made some. The recipe I used is from all recipes, and can be found HERE. For a heads up, the batter needs to sit in the refrigerator for an hour before you bake the cookies, so plan accordingly.
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1. Cream together butter, peanut butter, and sugars.
2. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
5. Put cookie dough in refrigerator for one-hour.
6. Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
7. Roll into 1 inch balls and put on baking sheets.
8. Flatten each ball with a fork, making a criss-cross pattern.
9. Bake cookies in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until cookies begin to brown (Monitor first batch more closely, since every oven is different, as well as cookie size). I like to make my cookies gooey, so I take them out when the bottom starts to brown.
Let me know if you try them and what you think!